Brussels, Belgium (Friday 29th September 2023): The Renewable Energy Skills partnership has issued a statement of 10 recommendations to the European Commission, on the establishment of Net-Zero Industry Academies, as proposed by the Commission in the Net-Zero Industry Act.
Soon, the partnership will launch a set of training programmes for renewables across the EU.
The Renewable Energy Skills Partnership is urgently calling on the European Commission to take decisive action. European Net-Zero Academies should:
- Accelerate training programmes across the EU.
- Address urgent skills shortages.
- Build on existing sectoral, initiatives.
- Prioritise net-zero sectors with critical skills shortages.
- Foster a comprehensive framework, mapping all net-zero skills initiatives.
- Strengthen synergies across net-zero technologies.
- Identify emerging topics for training.
- Provide the necessary funding.
- Strive for cross-border recognition of qualifications
- Industry and relevant stakeholders, such as the Renewable Energy Skills Partnership, should be an integral part of the European Net-Zero Academies framework’s governance mechanism.
About the Renewable Energy Skills Partnership
The Renewable Energy Skills Partnership brings together stakeholders from the entire spectrum of the Renewable Energy value chain. It gathers organisations involved in the identification and analysis of skills needs and solutions in the renewable energy sector; and in the development, implementation, promotion or financing of educational and training programmes, frameworks, and institutions.