Mission and Objectives
EUREC is the voice of renewable energy research in Europe, representing European Research Centres active in renewable energy.
The purpose of the association is to promote and support the development of innovative technologies and human resources to enable a prompt transition to a sustainable energy system.
EUREC was founded in 1991 as European Economic Interest Grouping (E.E.I.G.) with the goal of improving the quality and scope of European research and development in renewable energy technologies.
Our members are prominent research and development (R&D) groups spread across Europe, operating in all renewable energy technologies (wind, biomass, small hydro, marine, geothermal, photovoltaics, solar thermal electricity, and solar thermal heating and cooling). Our members also conduct research into supporting technologies such as energy efficiency, storage, distribution and integration, and undertake studies to evaluate the social and economic aspects surrounding renewable energy.
EUREC mission is based around the following objectives
- To identify research needs and enable R&D for innovative and integrated renewable energy solutions
- To promote sound policy making in renewable energy R&D
- To enable innovation and technology transfer by connecting research and industry through project development
- To promote the development of a highly qualified and trained workforce for the renewable energy sector, through the two European Masters in Renewable Energy coordinated by EUREC
- To support international R&D cooperation
Download EUREC’s Articles of association in PDF format.
Check EUREC Timeline
The current EUREC Executive Board is composed of ten members, including the President and Vice-President.
The EUREC secretariat is composed of a staff of seven people, located in center of Brussels.
Practical transport information to reach our office in Brussels.
Contact us for specific questions or to arrange a meeting.