The access to and the use of this website are subject to the following Disclaimer. By further visiting this website or by any use thereof, you expressly accept this Disclaimer. If you are experiencing trouble when reading this Disclaimer or in case you do not agree with the content thereof, we ask you not to make any further use of this site.
Copyright © 2019 EUREC E.E.I.G. All Rights Reserved.
EUREC & the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Fair Processing Notice (May 2018)
EUREC E.E.I.G. will use the personal data collected from you for the following purposes:
- to send you the EUREC Newsletter if you sign up. You can always unsubscribe via the ‘unsubscribe link’ included in every e-mail campaign (sent via Mailchimp) or you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- for internal research into website and product user behavior to improve our website services
When you register to use the website you confirm that you are consenting to EUREC’s use of your personal data for the aforementioned purposes(s) and are granting EUREC E.E.I.G. permission to carry out those actions and/activities.
EUREC E.E.I.G. is committed to ensuring that all personal information collected and processed is appropriate for the stated purpose(s) and shall not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We will not share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes. We may only share your personal data with third party service providers who are contracted by us and we shall ensure that they will hold your personal data securely and shall use it only in order to fulfill the service for which they are contracted (such as EUREC website maintenance etc). When there is no longer a service need, or the contract comes to an end, the third party will dispose of all personal data according to our procedures. We will never share your personal data with third parties until we have received your consent, unless we are required do so by law.
EUREC E.E.I.G. will process your data (i.e. collect, store and use) according to the requirements of the GDPR at all times and shall endeavor to keep your personal data up-to-date, ensuring its accuracy and will not keep it for longer than it is required. In some situations, there are set legal requirements for the length of time that EUREC E.E.I.G. will retain your personal data but usually EUREC E.E.I.G. will use its discretion, ensuring that personal data is not kept outside of our usual business requirements.
We shall never be intrusive or invasive of your personal privacy and shall not ask you to provide data that is irrelevant or unnecessary and we will enact strict measures and processes to ensure that the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data is minimized as much as possible.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes of emailing and statistical analysis related to monitoring or improving the materials and website.
For more information about your rights under GDPR see https://www.eugdpr.org
EUR General Data Protection Regulation officer: EUREC Secretary General, Greg Arrowsmith, email@example.com
Nature of the information made available
EUREC E.E.I.G. puts considerable efforts to take care that the information offered on this website is complete, correct, accurate and up-to-date. Despite these efforts, inaccuracies may occur. This website and any material are made available “as is” and without any guarantees being offered. Hence, the use of this site and of the information contained thereon occurs exclusively at your own risk.
EUREC E.E.I.G. endeavours to secure the website with all reasonable methods, and to limit possible inconveniences caused by technical defaults as much as possible. EUREC E.E.I.G can nonetheless not exclude the possibility that wrongful technical manoeuvres or unauthorised interventions occur. For these reasons EUREC E.E.I.G cannot guarantee that access to the website will not be interrupted or will not in any other way be troubled by similar problems. EUREC E.E.I.G will in any event not be liable for any indirect damage or consequential damage.
This website contains hyperlinks to other websites over which EUREC E.E.I.G. does not exercise any technical control or any control with respect to the content. EUREC E.E.I.G. cannot offer any guarantee with respect to the completeness or the correctness of the content, nor with respect to the availability of these websites, and therefore does not accept any liability for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use thereof.
Links to the EUREC website
We welcome links to our home page and individual pages within our website, without requiring our permission to do so. However, we do request that those linking to our website respect the following conditions:
- Links should not be used in a defamatory context;
- Those creating links to specific pages within our websites or other online resources should be aware that specific page URLs are subject to change without notice;
- The EUREC E.E.I.G. logo must not be copied nor used to create links without first gaining permission from EUREC E.E.I.G. (please contact us for further information);
- If you choose to create a link to our website, we will not necessarily offer to create a reciprocal link. Conversely if we choose to create a link to your website, there is no obligation for you to create a reciprocal link.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you might have.
EUREC E.E.I.G. is a privacy conscious organisation and is committed to your personal right to privacy. No software or hardware techniques are employed to capture a visitor’s e-mail address or other personally identifiable information.
We only collect identifiable personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by a user to us. A visitor may choose to provide information to register to receive the EUREC Newsletter, and to have access to the “Members Only” area. When a user provides this type of identifiable information to us, we use it solely for the purposes for which it was provided and secure your information as required by Belgian Law. The user may at any time revoke his consent to the processing of personal data; EUREC E.E.I.G. will take all necessary measures to ensure that such a request is immediately carried out. Should you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Where visitors choose to provide us with a name, e-mail address or other information, EUREC E.E.I.G. keeps all such response confidential, following these principles:
- EUREC E.E.I.G. will use your information solely for the purpose for which it was provided
- EUREC E.E.I.G. does not collect, processes or stores personal data of infants, minors or persons without capacity to contract, unless the respective legal guardian has consented.
- We will not sell or rent your private information to third parties.
- We use secure technology and privacy protection programs to keep your information secure at any time on our servers.
Governing law and jurisdiction