DG CLIMA and INEA are looking for experienced and motivated experts to evaluate projects applying for funding from the Innovation Fund, one of the world’s largest funding programmes for the first of a kind demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies. The projects to be evaluated will deal with the decarbonisation of energy-intensive industries, renewable energy, energy storage, and carbon capture use and storage. Are you:
- a technical expert with experience in one or more of these fields: Renewable energy: wind, solar (PV / CSP), geothermal, bioenergy, ocean etc.; Carbon capture, utilisation and storage; Industries covered under the Emission Trading System, such as but not limited to: ferrous and non-ferrous metals, chemicals, cement, concrete, lime and gypsum, refineries, paper, glass and ceramics; Hydrogen; Energy storage and cross-sectoral and industrial symbiosis projects;
- a seasoned professional and financial expert in investment banking, venture capital/private equity, project development and/or financial consultancy, with experience in corporate or project finance including due-diligence, bankability and risk analysis of projects in the fields listed above;
- a legal expert with experience in: national and EU frameworks on permitting, public procurement for the sectors of the Innovation Fund.
If yes, sign up to the European Commission’s expert database!
What’s in it for you?
The expert assignment offers you:
- The chance to play a key part in a major new EU instrument for decarbonising Europe’s industry;
- Help reach the #EUGreenDeal and Europe become the world’s first climate-neutral continent by 2050.
What are the conditions?
The selected experts will assess the project proposals submitted for the Innovation Fund calls to be published in 2020.
The selection will be made from the database, based on professional and technical capacity and absence of conflict of interest. Language skills, geographical balance, business-sector balance and gender balance will also be considered. Female applications are encouraged!
How to apply?
- Complete all sections of the online application form;
- Document and add all relevant keywords best describing your expertise and background;
- Add your email address so that you may be contacted;
- Attach an updated CV to the registration;
- Take a look at the manual for experts for more information;
- Send a copy of your CV to INEA-Innovationfundfirstname.lastname@example.org