October 11 - October 12
After last year successful edition in Hamburg, with almost 100 biomass specialists and nearly 30 excellent speakers, the 5th European Conference Biomass PowerON will be taking place on 11-12 October 2023 in Stockholm, Sweden.
In the face of an energy crisis and rising interest in cleaner energy sources Europe is turning to possibilities that biomass and pellets offer. Change of the heat and power feedstock is crucial from the point view of European energy security, as well as climate change mitigation.
This year, among other topics, we are focusing on usage of biomass and pellets for heat and power generation, role of bioenergy in decarbonisation as well as on perspective of forest industry on the higher demand for wood biomass and pellets.
Also, as many discussions are on within EU in terms of policies and regulations for green solutions and biomass’ place among them, we will be discussing the influence of legislation on the bioenergy sector.
The event is set to bring industry stakeholders, unique content, workshop style discussions and networking. Gives an opportunity to showcase your products and services in the networking area and hold meetings with leaders from the industry.
• Biomass and pellets market overview
• REPowerEU plan and place of biomass among renewables
• Is there a future for the industry without subsidy?
• Emerging new biomass markets after ban on Russian supply
• Financing bioenergy projects
• Latest technological developments
• Biomass pyrolysis and gasification reviewed
• Importance of certification – guarantee of sustainability
• BECCS role in climate change mitigation
Hear from speakers like:
• Bharadwaj Kummamuru, Executive Director, WBA
• Lauma Kazusa, Head of Market Analysis, SUEZ Trading
• Chris Scheerder, Manager Eemshaven Power station, RWE Generation
• Anders Egelrud, CEO, Stockholm Exergi
• Petteri Pihlajamäki, Director, AFRY
• Anette Blücher, CEO, E.ON
The event will gather experts from entire biomass industry value chain, for example: energy producers, operators, commodity traders & distribution companies, consultancies and market analysts, policy and regulatory experts, biomass & pellets producers, equipment and solutions providers, finance specialists, forest owners and many more.
Take an in-depth look into biomass to power supply, production and applications on this 2 day event filled with presentations from industry end-users and running projects case studies. Hear experts focus on new regulatory framework, changing market situation and more. Network and exchange ideas with colleagues from the energy industry.
- October 11
- October 12