- This event has passed.
March 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CEST
An effective, efficient and supportive State Aid regime is essential to accelerating the energy transition and the fight against climate change.
To be effective, the revised Energy and Environmental State Aid framework must eliminate barriers to investment in critical renewable energy solutions, remove direct and indirect subsidies for fossil fuels and reduce the risk of innovative clean technologies. The opportunities and challenges for the new framework is debated in this seminar.
The event is co-organised by EGEC Geothermal, Ocean Energy Europe, EUREC and ESTELA and put EUREC’s name to this letter.
- Welcome and opening remarks by Sanjeev Kumar, Head of Policy, EGEC Geothermal
- Keynote speech by Anna Colucci, Director, DG Competition, European Commission
- Keynote speech by Stéphanie Yon-Courtin, Member of the European Parliament (video message)
Panel debate with:
- Marco Baresi, Institutional Affairs & Marketing Director, Turboden
- Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, Ocean Energy Europe
- Marcel Bial, Secretary General, ESTELA
- Greg Arrowsmith, Secretary General, EUREC
Questions & Answers with the audience
- March 30
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CEST